Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tristan and Isolde

The legend of Tristan and Isolde is one of the most influential medieval romances, which was about a love triangle between the hero, his uncle King Mark and Isolde, his uncle's wife. This page contained full story from the early traditions and a briefer alternative accounts of the later legend...

Sunday....
Spent the day watching movie ... classic movies , historical movies...
Then I got stuck on this movie " Tristan and Isolde "
Not really the greatest war , epic or love movie .
But all in all I've watched it yesterday for 3 times ... not counting the rewind + rewind on the favorite scenes .
It made me cry... It made me fell in love with the poetry that Isolde read for Tristan after they made love inside the hut in Ireland shore ....



" My face in thine eyes, thine in mine appears,
And true plain hearts do in the faces rest;
Where can we find two better hemispheres,
Without sharp north, without declining west?
Whatever dies, was not mixed equally;
If our two loves be one, or thou and I.
Love so alike, that none do slacken, none can die. "
















A poetry by John Donne , The Good-Morrow
( The Good-Morrow Full poem by John Donne )




And here are some of my favorite scenes as well ....



" It’s good you are remembering things.
This might sting. Do you remember anything else?
The boat I found you in? How you got this?
Too many questions. Here keep it dry. Here I found bread, you have
water and fire. The ocean is outside if you wish a bath.
You won’t know where you are going so please don’t try to leave.
Just trust me. "





TRISTAN : Come with me. Come with me!
ISOLDE : I can’t
TRISTAN : Why not? Please!
ISOLDE : Tristan, we’ve both known this can’t be.
We’ve known this from the start.
That doesn’t mean it isn’t true. It is.
It just cannot be. I want to know that you are alive somewhere thinking
of me from time to time.
I want to know that there is more to this life and I can’t know that if
they kill you.Please?



Too bad I did not found any picture where Tristan was dying by the river when Isolde said these lines to him ...














I do not know if life is greater than death, but love was more than either...



All in all I fell in love with the story ...
I fell in love with Tristan!!!

1 comment:

Love of My Life said...

nice post..asa namn ang akong tristan oi?? hahaha

My Art Gallery

Visit page here :   The Art of Czharlloutte Chavez